Monday, August 2, 2010

July 2010

July is here!! It was such a fun filled month we did so much. So here is what we did this month.
We started out on the 3rd of July with a daddy and son sleep out in the front room in the house. We then woke up so super early and went to go and see the hot air balloons launch. It is nice because it is literally just down the block from our house so we can walk and avoid all the traffic. The kids had fun hanging out and Phoenix loved sleeping out with dad.




STADIUM OF FIRE!! This year I think that they meant that phrase quite literally. I'll explain. So we went with my family to the stadium of fire. It is done at BYU's football stadium. Carrie Underwood was the musical act this year. I was quite excited about that since I LOVE her music. Anyways... my sister Alecia hurt her foot and was on crutches. So we had to get her into handicap seating. After I helped her and my mom get settled I went up to where are seats were. At the top and in the middle of the row. Reagan decided she wanted to get fussy after a while. So I took her down to where Alecia and my mom were because I could stand up and rock her without climbing over twenty people. So they started the firework show, and then there is an intermission to do a show. Well...... during the show they lit off some fireworks inside the stadium. One misfired right towards Mom and Alecia. I was standing on the left side of the portal right behind Mom and Alecia and one flew past me on the right side of the portal. It was so freaky as the whole area to the right of us and in front of us brought their feet to their chest and then started to stomp out the fireworks that misfired. There was a handicapped man two people away from my mom who had his leg burned. I felt so bad for him. So the picture at the bottom is an area where the firework misfired. Luckily though we were all okay and nothing happened to us. Just a little freaky at the moment. But the kids did so good. Phoenix loved the jets that flew overhead and Reagan hated the jets that flew overhead. They were way to loud for her. But Reagan did like the fireworks just watching them in awe and Phoenix has always loved them. Steve had fun he had never been to stadium of fire before and he thoroughly enjoyed being there.


q



Time for a parade. Since the 4th of July was on a Sunday Utah celebrated it a little weird. We had the Stadium of fire on the 3rd and the parade on the 5th. Steve went out early and saved us a spot. It was perfect. It was shaded the entire time. Also it was a nice cool morning instead of being sweltering hot!! Grandma and Grandpa Pranger and cousin Teagan came and joined us for the parade. Phoenix loved when the bands came by and he would get up and pretend to play a trumpet. I love this boy he is so cute!!

i

We also went to the Dinosaur Museum. We just went to the one at BYU. Phoenix went around that museum at least 5 different times looking at everything. At first he was a little intimidated by all the dinosaurs everywhere but soon he was off.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Phoenix turned three on July 18th. Since that was a Sunday we decided to have his birthday party the night before. Me and Steve made his cake. It was so yummy and was a big hit. Phoenix was just excited because it had Buzz on it. He is in love with Toy Story so that was the theme of his birthday. He got to open presents and was excited to get a tent from his grandparents. He immediately wanted PAPA (aka Grandpa Pranger) to set it up. He had fun. He got lots of AWESOME gifts from everyone and loves to play with all his toys!





For Phoenix's 3rd birthday we decided to get him a train track and to make a train table. I think that it was a big hit. He plays with it every day and is making up stories of what he is doing. I love it. We also made his favorite food for dinner that night. We had macaroni and cheese, pudding, and chicken nuggets. I know it is not a very healthy meal but what can I say it was his birthday. Reagan even enjoyed trying out some of the pudding.



Reagan has decided she wants to learn how to crawl!! She gets up on all fours and rocks back and forth. It is so crazy.

Since Steve had the Friday before the 24th off of work we decided it would be fun to go to the zoo. Phoenix has been wanting to go and see the animals for quite some time. The tigers were very active jumping in the water and even playing with each other. Phoenix was so excited to see this he didn't want to leave to see any other animals. But we finally convinced him to see the other animals as well. Phoenix loved it because he got to play in the park they have there. It was nice because they have misters all over the zoo so you stay nice and cool.






For the weekend of the 24th my parents invited us to go swimming. Their neighbors were going out of town and have a big pool in the backyard and said we could use it. It was fun!! Phoenix loved sitting in the turtle floatie and kicking so he would go around the pool. Reagan also went for her first swim ever!! I am pretty sure she is like her big brother and is a water baby too!! She loved the water and had fun kicking her legs!!




Steve-He is doing good. He is enjoying having some time off for school but is anxious to get back too. He has applied for a lot of scholarships so cross your fingers that we will get some. It would be a nice way to be able to finish up school. We are looking into the next step grad school. He is trying to figure out what exactly he wants to do with his degree. Then we have to decide when to take the GRE and then apply. So this next month is going to be crazy getting it all done.
Whitney- I have been working like crazy!! Working on getting this scrap booked. We have a ton of pictures just set in a drawer and I hate that. So I decided I would start to scrap book and get things organized so we can look at all the adventures we have had. The two kids keep me busy and we do a lot of fun things as you can tell.
Phoenix- My dear 3 year old. You are amazing!! I don't know what I would do with out you! You constantly surprise me with the knowledge that you have. You are now loving to make up stories and play with all your stuffed toys. You are in love with Toy Story and are constantly watching those movies and playing with those toys. You make me laugh. You are such a sweet big brother and protect Reagan with all your might. You have a way to make my heart melt and make me feel like the luckiest mommy in the world. I can't believe how quickly you have grown up but I love the boy you are becoming.
Reagan- All I want to say to her is stop growing up. She is now sitting up by her self. She loves to try and crawl. She is babbling a lot and drooling a lot. She loves to laugh at Phoenix. Phoenix will look at Reagan and say "That funny Reagan" to which she will giggle and get the biggest grin on her face. She is such a joy. We will find out in a couple weeks what her 6 months stats are and we will share those in next months blog.

No comments: