Well at long last Easter weekend arrived. It was busy but fun. My mom does a night time Easter egg hunt. I honestly think this is the best, funnest and funniest egg hunt we do. You wait until it is dark and then the kids go out with their flashlight and buckets and grab as many goodies as possible. You are allowed to get one egg that coordinates with a prize. Okay I know you are saying where are the pictures. Sorry due to meeting Steve up at my parents house. Having two kids melting down because they wanted daddy and the chaos of making sure I had everything. The camera was unfortunately overlooked. Sorry I will make sure next year we have it. Next we went to our city's Easter egg hunt. The kids were rearing to go and it didn't help that they started 20 min late. I don't think that they really realize how hard it is to entertain a 3 year old for an extra 20 min when they can't run towards the candy and eggs. But we had my nephew Teagan with us, Phoenix and Teagan loved showing each other what they got.
After that Easter Egg hunt we went to our ward Easter party where there was another egg hunt. Luckily the boys were tired out so Reagan was the only one who hunted the eggs. The boys enjoyed playing in the park. We let all the kids run until they couldn't run anymore. Then we went golfing.
So we promised Phoenix earlier that day that we would take him golfing. So off we went to go miniature golfing. The boys love to go golfing and they like to compete to who can golf the fastest. Which makes it not only entertaining but exhausting. But mostly it is just fun!
Easter morning we spent the day opening the baskets we were left by the Easter bunny and coloring eggs. I don't know who enjoyed their baskets more, us or the kids.
So if you know me you know I get excited about holidays and getting a new dress for Reagan. So my mom and me went out shopping to find her the perfect dress. She looked super adorable!
After church we were invited up to go see my Aunt and Uncle in Alpine for family dinner. They set up a egg hunt for the kids. Now that the kids had mastered an egg hunt it was much more fun to watch instead of helping them figure it out.
Overall April was fun. It was nice to get some good weather and go outside and play. It was nice when finals were over and we could enjoy Easter as a family.
Steve- Well since most of his month was spent either studying, taking a test, going to school or going to work, there isn't much to say about him. He did phenomenal on all his test and is glad to be done with another semester. Just two more and we are done!! The end is in sight and he ready to get there (as are the rest of us).
Whitney- I have loved spending more time with my kids and doing so much with them. I also loved going to get some pretty flowers to put in my garden. I have had to wait to start my vegetable garden due to our few freak snow storms. But maybe this weekend that will happen. We got some work down in our neighborhood again. It is nice to have that job because it keeps us busy but in a good way. I also was very proud of myself this month because for Easter I sewed myself a skirt. It was super cute fabric and I loved how it turned out. (I will take a picture this next month and put it up on next months blog)
Phoenix- Thank goodness we have had some good weather. He loves to walk up to BYU and go and get daddy. It is nice to get our cabin fever out of the boy. Plus I love going outside and teaching him how to play soccer and baseball. He is starting to mimic some things we say so we catch our self going "oh no we can't say that". But it is fun to see him talking and coming up with funny things to say.
Reagan- She has learned so much lately. The newest is when I tell her no she will turn around and growl at me. I think that's her way of expressing her dislike for me not letting her eat dirt, bugs, flowers, toilet paper, crumbs on floor, or spilling drink on my floor. I am sure there are more I am missing but I can't think of them right now. She likes to talk, it does not make sense but she will just sit and tell you stories all day. She loves to try and do what Phoenix does. It is so great to have an older brother to look up to.
No comments:
Post a Comment