March 2008Well this month has been crazy for us in the baker clan... Phoenix is now crawling and wearing himself out. Which is quite nice when it comes to bed time. Although it hasn't been the funnest time with teething as well. He now has two bottom teeth and two top teeth. He now says mom all the time. Although we are not sure if he understands that I am mom.... a good sign though is he will look at me when he says it. So hopefully he will start to say dad soon! He is finding that he is loving real food. He is starting to eat some things with us. He will now eat bread, cookies, crackers, some meat, mashed potatoes, some fruits that are mashed up a bit and of course ice cream. He doesn't like the coldness but loves the taste. He thoroughly enjoyed his first easter. He kept throwing his plastics eggs all over the room laughing each time.



Steve is in school and doing well. He loves the classes he is in and enjoys the learning experience once again. He got to celebrate his 25th birthday this month. He celebrated with a new BYU hat and hoodie. He also got a feast for his birthday dinner. Everything he wanted he got. Barbecued Pork, green beans, mashed potatoes, rolls, and for dessert Creme Brulee. YUM!! He is glad the weather is warming up so he can start taking walks with us at night time. We love hiking up to BYU, then as a reward we get an ice cream to share.
I am doing very well. I have enjoyed celebrating my husbands birthday along with our anniversary. It is amazing how quickly two years go by. We celebrated by dropping Phoenix off at our friends house and then we went miniature golfing glow in the dark style. It was so much fun. The manager was so cool he let us go as much as we wanted. My dad did have surgery and is doing good. He had a rough couple days and nights but now is doing much better. We are so grateful for all the extra prayers on our behalf it does make a difference. The one nice thing about all of this has been me being able to stroll right over to the hospital for visits. It is a great work out!! I am glad the weather has been cooperating for me. In one day I went to the hospital 1.5 miles then up to BYU another mile, then back home another 1.5 so altogether I got a 4 mile walk!! It was great... I am definitely loving that spring is here again. Easter was great for all of us we were able to go and do sacrament with my dad at the hospital. The spirit that filled the room was incredible. We loved every moment of it. We then got to color easter eggs with my little sister Melissa. This was so much fun!!

2 comments:
Yay for blogs! I love them because you can write one update that reaches a lot of people. We are so excited to be able to visit your blog and see the latest pictures of your family and read your news. Let us know how your dad's labs come back.
Love, the other Baker Bunch
I'm so thankful to you and Kristin for inspiring me to set up a blog for Jeff. I LOVE yours! Phoenix looks just like his Daddy when he was little. I hope it's okay that I added your link on Jeff's blog. Love you guys.
Post a Comment