

Over Valentines Day weekend Steve and I were able to get away. Due to many circumstances including a recent knee injury followed by surgery my parents were unable to take my two little sisters on a trip to Yellowstone. Not wanting to loose their deposit my parents asked if we would be willing to take them. We were way excited for this. I had never been on a senior trip and this was my trip!! I am so grateful for my parents allowing us this opportunity and we had a ton of fun with the girls. It was also great because my Uncle and Aunt and two of their boys were there with us.


We saw many bison, elk and we even saw two bald eagles. It was pretty amazing. It was weird to see all the burnt down areas of Yellowstone along with all the new growth they have. Steve was particularly excited because he had never been snowmobiling or been to Yellowstone. Me I was excited because it was vacation. But also because I LOVE SNOWMOBILING!! We use to have one when I was younger and I loved to go out with my dad.





Half way through our tour of Yellowstone we stoped at the lodge b y Old Faithful. Because of the frigid temperatures we got us all masks so that our noses and necks would no longer be frozen. So then we decided we were all bandits for the day!! It was fun.

Since we missed Valentines day with Phoenix we wanted to do something fun. We took him to build a bear were he made his own soccer ball bear. His dad was so cute with him and helped him wash, dress and name the bear. Now Phoenix is getting so much more talkative that he will start to say what he wants. SO when we asked him what to name his bear he simply said "Ba".




Now all of you might have known Steve has wanted a wii for a while. I promised him that when we got our tax refund back we would get one. So on the day that we received our money he very anxiously and excitedly asked if we were going to get one. Me trying to be sneeky and nonchalant about it said why don't we wait until things settle down. We needed to pay for school and I just wanted to wait but we would get it by the end of the month. So while he was at school I took Phoenix up to get his dads wii. As I picked Steve up from school I let him know Phoenix found something for him and wanted to give it to him. He looked back by Phoenix and lets just say a picture is worth a thousand words!!


He was quite excited and loves playing it. It has become a new family activity and we all play together. Of course I love the wii to and play it quite constantly!! It is fun!
Later that month Steve was rounding into midterms!! Since he had quite a load of studying this semester I decided to plan some fun activities so me and Phoenix would be out of the house so he could study. One of these activities included taking my dad to the BYU-UTAH basketball game. Phoenix had so much fun with is PAPA!! We yelled and screamed. It was a close game throughout. We were very excited when BYU won the game. My dad has been to many games at the Marriott center but he said this was the loudest game he has heard anywhere!!

Steve- Well as you can tell he is doing very well. He is just in the middle of mid terms right now. He is excited to be halfway done with the semester and is looking forward to summer. He has loved playing his wii!! We have had some wii parties with our friends and it has been a blast. He was also excited to see some football footage from a coworker of some of the new upcoming players to BYU's team.
Phoenix- What a talker. He still doesn't make much sense but he tries. He is constantly babbling and having fun. He loves to play outside especially with sports balls. He also loves to help mommy and daddy out at home. Whenever we clean he wants his own rag to help dust and clean things off. He will also help put away laundry. It seems like just yesterday he was born!! They grow so quickly.
Whitney- I am great!! We were able to celebrate three birthdays this month. My sister in law Mackenzie and both of my parents. We also will have a new birthday in February next year. My sister Katie had her baby on Feb 8, 2009, his name is Boston K Jensen. He is way cute and I love holding him. Everyone is convinced I am going to have a new baby soon because of him!! Me I just laugh!! I also have loved the spring like weather it has been nice. We decided to plant bulbs this year so that we don't have to plan to much in the years following. So that was fun for me I love to garden so I can't wait to get going on that as well.
Well until next month.... BYE!!
No comments:
Post a Comment