Well Reagan Ellen Baker came into this world "fast and furiously" as I am know stating. I have been having contractions since Last Thursday (January 28th). They haven't been consistent but have not been fun as you can imagine. So we set a date to be induced 2/9/2010. Well last night once again started having contractions around 12-1 am. Finally an hour later at 2 am I decided to get out of bed because of course when you are nine months pregnant you have use the bathroom a lot. So getting up I look over at my peacefully sleeping husband and then the thought of Seriously!! came to my head as my water broke. I woke up Steve who set off into got to get Whit to the hospital ASAP mode immediately. My dad rushed down from his house to watch (more or less sleep while at our house) Phoenix. We left home at 2:30 got to the hospital at 2:45 am. They immediately took me to a room seeing as my contractions were three min apart and long!! They checked to see the progress 6 cm dilated. They went to call my doctor expecting it to be a few hours and to get my favorite person (come on if you have had a baby he is your favorite too) the epidural guy. They came in to start my iv only 10 min later and noticed that the contractions were less than 10 seconds apart. Feeling a ton of pain and pressure they checked once again she was crowing. Not even having enough time to call Dr.White (any on call doctor near the area) Reagan was delivered within 30 seconds. The nurses delivered my baby and she is beautiful. She came into this world at 3:13 am weighing 6 lbs 6 oz and 19 inches long. She has dark hair (although not much it is way more than Phoenix who was a bald blonde!) she also has blue/grey eyes. We will see how those turn out. She is beautiful and we are both doing great. Everyone has been surprised at how quick she came. It is very neat for me as a mom to have her born on this very special day. Reagan's cousin Boston K Jensen was born one year ago today. He passed away on January 28th of 2010. I know that they were both in heaven having a party and deciding when it was best that she gets to come into this world. She is one very special little girl and I am grateful for the time she spent with her cousin up in heaven and now for all the time I get to have her in my arms. We love you all and are excited for you to see her!!
2 comments:
She is so cute! Congratulations you guys, we are so happy for you!
I didn't think you were allowed to look so good after labor.
Post a Comment