Monday, March 1, 2010

January and February rolled into one...

Here is January and February all rolled into one. January was a very quiet and calm month for us so there are not a lot of pictures from that month but here is what we did. Phoenix loves making snowmen and also pretending to be a snowman himself. I also finished decorating Reagan's room. Here is how it turned out. I made her a whole bunch of flower bows to put in her hair. I also made her bedding. I did this for Phoenix and I loved how it was made specifically for him and no one would have one like his. So I decided to do the same for all of our kids. I love how cute her room is.

We celebrated my 25th birthday!! We went up to my parents house where I got to sit and cuddle with my cute nephew Boston all night long. I loved it!! Then on my actual birthday we got dinner and had a night in. Since I was so pregnant I didn't feel like doing much but relaxing with my two favorite boys. On January 28th my nephew Boston passed away. I am glad that he is finally at peace with our Father in Heaven. We all miss him very much.
February started off on a sad note. We had the funeral for my nephew Boston. A couple cool things we got to do was write little notes on heart shaped paper for Boston. Then at the graveside all the kids got to release balloons up to heaven to Boston. It was such a sweet experience. I am so glad we have the gospel and know that are families are forever. I know that we will see Boston once again and that he is an angel watching over us.
Well if you haven't heard the story of how Reagan came into this world look at our previous blog. But I will clarify some things that people have been asking me. No I did not have an epidural. They didn't even have time to start an IV or to get the hospital wrist bands on uscame so quickly. So yes I had her all natural and yes I had her just one hour and 13 minutes after my water broke. I recovered super quickly I was up and going just two days after she was born. Two weeks after she was born I had lost 90% of all my baby weight (yea I like that one!!). If you have any other questions let me know. But I think that covers most of the questions people have asked.. The nurses had to deliver Reagan because she
So here is baby Reagan she loves to hold in her binky (yes she is a binky baby and I love it). This is just before we left the hospital to come home.

Phoenix was so excited to hold his little sister. He is very protective of her. He is constantly asking where she is, if she is okay, if he can kiss her, if he can hold her. He is an amazing big brother and we are so proud of how sweet he is to his baby sister. Reagan did not like her first bath. She cried until she got out and got dressed her jammies.

We were way excited when just a few days after Reagan was born we got to see some of our best friends. Bryce and Anna had a baby girl in November and so it was fun to get together with them. The boys thought it was way cool seeing us girls with our baby girls. It was so good to see them.

Phoenix has been into airplanes and rolling around. So this is him going on an airplane ride and doing a summersault. He loves to play with us and I love that now that I don't have a big belly I can do so much more with him.

Here are some pictures from Reagan's first photo shoot. We did it just one week after she was born. She was so cute!! I can't wait to get all my pictures back to display them in our home. So here is just a sneek preview of some of the pictures.

Steve-He has enjoyed having so much time off of work due to Reagan's arrival. It has been so fun for him to spend some one on one time with Phoenix. He is also glad that he took this semester off of school. He kept feeling that he shouldn't go this semester. Since it wasn't going to put us out any further for grad school so we decided to take this semester off. Which means he will graduate in December of 2010 and walk in April of 2011. He has loved having a little girl in the house and is such an amazing father and husband.
Whitney- I am loving being a mom for a second time. People always ask me if it is different having two kids versus one. It is different but not to much. I love playing with both of my kids and having special bonding time with both of them. Other than that not much is new for me. I am just enjoying life.
Phoenix-What a big boy he is now. He is finally starting to potty train and is doing amazing at it. He has told us a few times that he has to go but mainly right now we just take him in every hour and make him go. He is finally talking a lot more. He loves to talk to people on the phone. He always asks to talk to whoever is on the phone. He is finally putting sentences together but he still doesn't pronunciate very good. But we work on it every day and it is starting to take effect.

Reagan- She is amazing. She usually sleeps very good at night. Every so often she will have a bad night but she will go for about a five hour span each night. This is has been such a blessing for me. She went to her two week apointment and weighed in at 6 lbs and 12 oz. She is also 21 inches long. Since she didn't gain to much weight we now have to do weekly weight checks. They want to make sure she is gaining weight. So watch for the weight updates on the next months blog. Other than that she is an angel and we are glad she is in our world.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

It was great to see some more pics. Reagan is beautiful! So glad you're all doing well!