Thursday, May 31, 2012

May 2012


Wow did May go by fast!! We had so many fun things happen.  So lets start at the beginning.
First we started off with my Dad graduating from the University of Utah!!  He has been going to school for a very long time and we couldn't be prouder that now he is all done.



So after graduation we had a birthday celebration for my Grandma Pranger.  She lives down in Arizona and it makes me sad we don't get to see her as often as I would like so it was so fun to celebrate her birthday.  It was also fun because my Aunt flew in from Oregon and my Uncle and his family came down from Highland.  It was so fun to spend so much time with all our family.



I love my Grandma, me and her have such a unique bond.  She even took me through the temple for the first time.  I love her so much!
 So after the party we were off to our BIG TRIP!!  We had been counting down from 70 + days so we were definitely more than ready when it came to leave.  We geared up and headed down to California.  We went to Disneyland for five days and then we went to San Diego for two days.  Oh man it was a long and very fun vacation.  I have a ton of pictures so enjoy!
When we got down to Las Vegas we stopped to see our really good friend.  Steve and Zach (aka Vegas) served together as companions on their missions to Brazil.  These two are just like twins.  The funnest part is their first daughters were born just one day apart.  So it makes it fun that they also have that in common as well.

 
 
  
Now we were off to Disneyland, these pictures are not in order but certainly are fun.  We were also lucky enough that my little sister Melissa came down to help us.  She was such a big help and made the trip so much memorable with her there! Thanks Mel!  I will put captions on some funny memories but other than that just enjoy the pictures!




The watermelon cave at Goofey's house



She was really excited to get her Tinkerbell Baby!

Enjoying the fireworks!




Fantasmic!
Okay so Steve really wanted a turkey leg and didn't end up getting one.  So I found this at the bakery shop and got it for him.  I think this counts right.  Its rice krispies shaped like it!




What Phoenix looked like in the car!  Thank goodness for DVD players.

Those are legos.

Lego Beauty and the Beast.

Ready for the first day!
I saw Mickey Mouse and got scared!


I saw the pretty castle!

Buzz lightyear
Astro Orbitor



He loved that he could "drive"

We found actual ducks at Disneyland and the kids were fascinated.

Hold me dad there are pirates in here.

AAARRRGGGHHHH MATEY


Rainforest Cafe

Big Thunder!!  I am ready for it!
Tower of Terror!  Bring it on!







Sending emails at Minnie Mouse's house


The talking man hole!




Indiana Jones!

Lets do it Mom!

Pineapple floats = pure happiness

Getting out of the heat and into Aladdin the musical.

Phoenix kept asking Sulley where Mike Wizoski is.  HAHA!



We ate at Goofey's kitchen.  The kids loved seeing all the characters.



Celebrating Daddy Graduating!  GO DADDY!

I think I enjoyed my cupcake!

His favorite part is that he got to sing the Rescue Ranger theme song to Dale.





Star Tours


We snuck off for a minute and rode Space Mountain..... look below for our attractive state!

Only sisters can look this good :)










World of Color.  It was freakin' awesome!



He got wet at World of Color and then it got Windy.... hence he is wrapped up in my hoodie!







We had to take away her cheeto to ride the tea cups.... this is her sad little face asking for her cheeto back!





Met Aladdin!
Phoenix's second favorite ride!


He wasn't quite as thrilled with space mountain.

YEAH ITS A PARADE



Dad and son making lightsabers!




So Phoenix got mad because Dad built his the way Dad wanted and not the way Phoenix wanted.  So he asked if he could build his own his own way.  So we let him and now he loves to pretend fight Dad with the lightsaber.
She loved the Buzz Lightyear ride

Tea cups!



Before Splash Mountain.... you can't see but its in the background of us.


Ready for bed after a very long day.




He wanted to dance with Phineas and Ferb.
So he got to!!

 
For those who don't know this is Duffy the Bear and he is Mickey's favorite stuffed bear.
Reagan was so afraid of the characters and I was not going to let that fly.  So I coached her as we went up to see Minnie Mouse and from then on she was okay meeting the characters.


To Infinity and Beyond!

 
 



















So after Disneyland we headed down to San Diego for a couple of days.  We were really excited because we couldn't wait to see our best friends Merrill and Shannon Taylor. 


So we were doubly excited because Merrill and Shannon had trouble getting pregnant and after 4 years of infertility they finally had their baby Candice!!  Oh what a cutie.  Phoenix was so excited to meet her.  He was also excited because Merrill and Shannon are a huge part of his life.  They would come over practically every weekend and hang out with us and loved Phoenix.  Unfortunately they moved down to San Diego when Reagan was   6 months old  and she doesn't remember them as well.  But she sure did love hanging out with them! ( I think she may somewhat remember them!)

This is what it looked like on the car ride to San Diego!

Me and baby Candice.










We then went to Old Town and went to the Mormon Battalion Museum.  Melissa got to be the laundress.  It was so fun.





Steve- Well he is enjoying being graduated.  He is starting to get a little bored.  So he is picking up his guitar, playing games more often, and trying to find fun things to do with this extra time.  He is enjoying his new job but hating the commute.  We are hoping by the end of summer to be moving much closer.  He has also enjoyed golfing a lot more. 
Whitney- I am enjoying summer.  I have been having so much fun with the kids.  We go and play outside almost every day and even got to enjoy going swimming at 7 peaks.  We look forward to many more swim outings.  I am also enjoying my new family pictures that I got as my Mother's Day present.   I will have to put those up on a different post.  I am also keeping busy thinking about moving and gathering things around my house that I need to get rid of.  I am excited for some garage sales this summer.
Phoenix- Well I at least can say that this boy loves school.  He is constantly asking me.... "so Mom when can I go to Kindergarten school?"  So I am glad that he loves to learn but also ready for him to realize it is summer.  Lets enjoy it! :)  He has made a new friend in our ward and loves to go over for play dates.  He also is enjoying all the summer toys that were put up at winter time.  It is fun to see him feel like he has gotten a whole bunch of new toys.  It is like Christmas all over again.
Reagan- Well this little girl is Potty Trained!!  Before we left for Disneyland she would be constantly taking off her diaper, playing in the bathroom, and getting mad when we tried to dress her.  But me thinking ahead didn't want to confuse her.  Start potty training, go to Disneyland and then stop, then start up when we got home.  So I waited and when we got home we started.  The first day was awful, the second got better, the third was awesome.  Then from day 4 to now she has only had a few minor accidents.  She will now go into the bathroom, get on the toilet and do her thing.  With no prompting at all.  I am so glad she potty trained so quickly!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun!! Especially love the chipmunk pictures!!

Kristi said...

How fun!! Especially love the chipmunk pictures!!