So yes Utah did its usual "I am going to throw you off the seasons and make it snow in April". We had some great days of 85-90 degrees. Then woke up to SNOW!! Can you believe it (well if you live here I guess you can). The kids loved getting dressed up in their snow clothes and going out to play!
Well the snow melted just in time for my parents annual night time Easter egg hunt. They started this when my siblings were younger. It was hard to get them up in time to get the happy to hunt at the city Easter egg hunt, plus they were so crowded its hard to enjoy it. So they came up with a solution. Invite all our friends and neighbors, have them bring a bag of candy per kid, a prize, flashlights and buckets. Then they separate the older kids from the younger kids. And let them go. It has always been a fun tradition and I love that my parents now do it for their grand-kids.
Well something really cool happened this year. BYU put on their own Easter egg hunt. They opened up Lavell Edwards Stadium..again separated the ages and let them go at it. What a fun time!
I love Easter. There are so many fun things to do with your kids. From dyeing Easter eggs, to all the hunts, to all the stories you can tell them. I love being able to teach my kids and enjoy the time I get to teach them.
It was really nice we were able to go up to Steve's sisters house for Easter dinner. And yet another Easter egg hunt (don't tell the kids but we reused their candy from their other hunts). It was so nice to spend the day just relaxing.
Steve has been working so hard at his new job. But because of the new commute and the different hours, he is gone more and Phoenix was struggling at the beginning. He is now use to it but to help him adjust Steve and him camped out in our front room. They had so much fun!
Phoenix had a few special days at preschool this year. One where he got to make a poster about him and what he likes to do. Then one where there was a picnic at his school where there were plenty of things for them to do. He got to dig for gold, stamp leather, play on the playground, be in pretend jail, be in pretend desert, eat lots of good food. It was a fun night for us!
Well onto the really big important day of April. A day we looked forward to for many years and were so excited that it was here GRADUATION!!! It had finally arrived. Steve was graduating from Brigham Young University. I am so proud of him, for those who don't know or don't remember. Steve has consistently worked a full time job while going to school full time. It consisted of a lot of work and a lot of sacrifice. I think that is what made this so sweet to all of us. Every one knew how hard he had worked and how great this reward was for us. I was so appreciative to all who came out. We had the commencement on Thursday, following which we had an amazing BBQ. Then on Friday it was the convocation. This was the big one for us, the one they called his name, the one where he got his diploma (well sort of he gets a holder and then they mail it to us), the one just for him. We are so proud of all the hard work he has put in.
| How we entertained the kids during graduation, I-PADS! |
Congratulations Steve!! We love you!
Steve- Well he got a new job!! He was working part time at Central Orem Clinic and then part time at his new job Medical Review Institute of America (aka MRI). Upon Graduation he became full time at MRI. He LOVES his new job. There is always something that is new and exciting. He is in a constant state of learning. It is a growing company with lots of room for him to advance in the company. He is also enjoying having time off. Since graduation and a new job he has decided to take a year off and then figure life out from there. We couldn't be happier or more ready for a year off of school!
Whitney- Well my month was spent planting my garden as usual, taking a boy to preschool, chasing a little two year old and planning one heck of a party for Steve. So it was busy and fun. I had fun coming up with all the banners and decorations, printing up pictures, getting everything all set. I forgot about this in March, but I am also enjoying a new car!! Since Steve got a new job, we really needed a new car due to the fact he now had to commute a hour, not 15 min away. So it would've made it very difficult with only one car. Thankfully my parents loaned us a car to take Phoenix to preschool until we got our new one. But it is perfect for our family. It can seat up to 6 people, has a ton of room, all leather inside, and the best part, BUILT IN DVD PLAYER!!
Phoenix- This boy is amazing, constantly surprising me. He has been learning about emotions at school recently and can tell you how he is feeling. So instead of just acting upset, he will now come up to me, and tell me mom I am upset and this is why, how can we fix it? It is amazing to see the transformation on that. It has helped a lot with his "attitude". He also loves to color and write his name although he will spell it p.... h.... o .... e .... n....i.....then goes back before the p and puts in the x. Pretty cute if you ask me.
Reagan- She must of been a nudist in the preexistence. Want to know why?? Cause every time she gets up from a nap or bed time she is naked!! She will pull of her diaper and her clothes and be totally naked. So I know she is getting close to potty training but I want to wait til we get back from Disneyland. (Yes I know I am writing as if we haven't gone but look forward to next month's post when you hear about the here and now.) So for now I was her sheets a lot and hope and pray I don't find her naked the next time. She also is a such a little talker. She loves to talk and talk and talk. We can understand her most of the time. Sometimes not even close. But it is still fun to listen to her jabber on.






No comments:
Post a Comment