Tuesday, December 16, 2014

October and November 2014

OK I am behind yet again.  Sorry people, I have been exploding in my photography business.  So the family blog has been lacking due to so much photographing, editing, booking, etc.  So you are once again getting the two month condensed version.

At the beginning of October we went on a very much needed vacation.  We went to good ole San Diego.  It was so much fun, we hit the beach, sea world, Lego land and the San Diego Zoo.  We went down with my family for a family reunion.  It was so much fun.  We also go to stay with our best friends for almost a whole week.  I was in heaven.  Between the beautiful weather all the many activities, food, I was not ready to come back to real life.  Enjoy the plethora of pictures.





























 
Over at the gristmill by our house they had pumpkin walk so we went over to see all the pumpkins and to enjoy some fun activities.  The kids got to decorate coloring pages, cookies, pumpkins, go through a small hay maze.  It was a very fun time.




 While in October Steve's Grandma passed away so he and Phoenix made a trip up to Idaho for the weekend.  Since Steve was gone my sisters planned a girls weekend so I wouldn't feel so lonely.  We went out to Gardner Village and had fun looking at all the witches.


 It has been very unusually warm these past two months and so we have spent very little time in our jackets and a lot of time out at the parks.  It has been in the 60's a lot.  I don't mind because then we get to go and have fun.

 I had to laugh at this Phoenix got a mustache in primary one day and couldn't wait to put it on so he could show dad he can grow facial hair too.
 I got the opportunity to take Reagan and her friend Bella on their field trip to the pet store.  They both had so much fun. Reagan loved the huge tortoise who wandered the shop.  Kaylin was in love with starring at the bunnies.  Reagan's newest thing she wants is a gerbil thanks to the cuteness of the ones at the pet store.   All I can think is thank goodness we can't have pets where we currently live.  So it won't be for a while.

 I love that my kids love books.  I hate the bookshelf cause the books are constantly at a disarray due to reading and shoving.  But I guess I will deal with that if they love to read.  I am constantly finding Kaylin sitting down with a book in front of her.
 And as usual we had much cuddling, playing and having fun times as well.

 We also enjoyed going out to Liberty Park for a photo shoot of mine.  The kids have fun letting me test my light and getting my camera settings all ready for my clients.  And who doesn't enjoy a good picture of the kiddos.




Phoenix even took a good one of us.
We also enjoyed a great day of Thanksgiving down at my parents.  We did have one mishap that was no fun.  Me and my mom were trying to take out a good old 20 lb turkey. They pan it had been put in con-caved in and spilled its liquid all over mine and my moms feet.  Luckily I had boots on but poor mama had a good burn going on her foot.  But luckily other than that there were no other injuries in the turkey bowl.  It was a fun night.

Steve-
He has been working the most insane hours lately.  He has been short staffed and so we have seen very little of him on the weekdays.  So then on the weekends we make sure to have a ton of fun.  He is ready and excited for when he is fully staffed so he can have a regular work week.
Whitney-
I have been exploding in business lately.  It seems like almost every weekend I have had a photo shoot. It has been super fun for me and I love all the work. If you want to check out my work you can go to bakingphotos.blogspot.com.  It has definitely filled my cup in the best way.  When your passion is your work life is awesome.
Phoenix-
He has been doing awesome.  This year Phoenix got enrolled in a social class at his school and he loves it.  Since being the youngest in his class and the oldest in our family he lacks in some social skills. This class has been so good for him in helping him develop that.  We have seen him just blossom.
Reagan-
She has now been going to preschool for 3-4 months and knows so much.  She knows her alphabet as well as the sounds, our phone numbers, address, and a bunch of songs.  I really have loved her preschool teacher and how awesome she is.  We are also starting to read small stories that repeat the same words.
Kaylin-
She is growing like a weed.  She now weighs 18 lbs.  She loves to pick up books and look at them.  She also is such a snuggler.  If I don't get to hold her for at least 15 minutes in the morning she will scream at me until I do.  She is also starting to talk a lot.  She especially loves to say Bye.  So if I am on the phone she will cry until I hold it up to her so she can say bye.

No comments: