Well it seems as though I am saying this a lot but man oh man life is going by way to fast. That includes our month of August.
The beginning of August a very special occasion happened in our household. Phoenix chose to be baptized. He became a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a great day. Despite Steve having a major cold the day was perfect. We had so many friends and family come out and celebrate this occasion with us. Phoenix was beaming and you could tell he could feel how strong the spirit was.
Next on our things to do was Stansbury Days. We got to watch the parade with some friends. We got to meet Rapunzel and have a tea party. We ended our night with smores dip and fireworks. It was perfect.
We then had our monthly family dinner. It is always fun when we get the whole family together and get to play. The kids love getting together and playing with their cousins. This time my sister convinced my dad to get Bacci ball. We all had a blast and I think we found our new found game to play at family dinners.
We went down to my parents for a stay-cation once again. Our nephew had his homecoming down that way and my parents were out of town. So we decided to just head down and relax for the weekend. We even took advantage of my parents truck and bikes and we went biking down the canyon. The kids loved it!
After we were done biking I decided to take Kaylin's 2 year old pictures. I did half now and then want to do the rest when she no longer has a cast. But I still think she looked adorable.
While down at my parents a friend gave me tickets to the Kelly Clarkson concert. Now if you know anything about me, you know my favorite artist is Kelly Clarkson. My whole family makes fun of me for it and my husband giggles at how much I love her music. So I was super stoked that my friend gave me tickets. Because I hadn't planned on going just because simply.... its been busy I forgot to get tickets. But it was fun. I took Reagan out with me and she enjoyed dancing and singing along with her crazy mom.
Well the big day has come, time to see if Kaylin could get the cast off her arm. And sure enough she was able to. After they took the cast off she just stared at her arm. It almost seemed as if she was saying, so my arm really is still there. But boy oh boy was her arm dried up. I think it took 4 days of pure lotion to get it looking good after all the dead skin fell off.
The next project on my list was redoing the girls room. They were both in separate beds and it felt like there was never any room in there. So we decided it was time for bunk beds. We did our research, figured out what we liked, and then bought them. Soon enough there was a project on my hands. I got the beds built during the day. When Steve got home he helped me stack them up. They look beautiful and they are so nice. We have a full on the bottom and twin on top. The best thing is that they can be separated in the future when the girls have separate rooms. We went with an owl theme in their room... mostly because Reagan already had owl bedding.... but also because it is really cute.
Well the big day had arrived..... Kaylin's birthday. I can not believe that she is two!! Well really I can believe it but it seems to have gone way faster than I would have liked. But I think that is how it is for all us moms. I think she knew something was different that day. She woke up just happy as a clam and couldn't wait to get her day started. She got to open her presents from us which were a bunch of little people princesses and an Elsa dress with a necklace. She was thrilled and hasn't stopped playing with all her new toys every day.
That night my parents took us all out to Chuck E Cheese to help celebrate her birthday. Kaylin was super tired. She did not want to nap that day and you could tell. But after a while she warmed up that this would be fun. It just took a lot of prodding. She loved the presents she got from her Grandma and Grandpa. An art easel and a puzzle. She gets so mad when she doesn't get to do her coloring.
We then had a little celebration at our house that Sunday for Kaylin. She loved her "fia" cake, her favorite show is Sofia the first on Disney channel. She can not get enough of her fia.She was thrilled to get a ton of Elsa and Anna gear from Aunt Kelly and Grandma Baker. She was in heaven.
The day had finally arrived. School was back in session. After the summer we had with the kids trying all our patience, this day seemed to take forever to come. When it did there were all these weeping parents and me and Steve were having a party. The kids loved it too. They were ready to be back in school. They love school.Phoenix started a week before Reagan. And Reagan could hardly wait.
Phoenix also started flag football this fall. He loves going and is actually doing pretty good with it all. Reagan loves that she gets to climb trees while he is at practice.
In preparation for our upcoming Disney trip my friend sent me a tutorial on how to do Minnie Mouse buns. I think it looked adorable! It's gonna be so much fun to do it while down at Disneyland. We also got our countdown up and going. I can't believe it is coming up so quick.
Reagan was so ready for Kindergarten to start. She was gearing up all day to get out that door and onto the bus. She loves going to Kindergarten and can't wait to tell me all about it. She also started Singers Company this fall. She gets to go one day a week and she sings and dances. It is so much fun for her.
Now that it is just me and Kaylin in the afternoon we get lots done. Mostly because she naps while both kids are at school. But when she is up there are plenty of horsey rides and peach eating to be done.
No comments:
Post a Comment