Thursday, January 29, 2009

January

It seems like the months are flying by ever so quickly. They are always filled with so many activities that it usually flies by. We started off the month by going to Phoenix's first basketball game. No he wasn't playing just watching. We went to see BYU play unfortunately it seems like all BYU's sports records are going down. We lost, we thought it was pretty cool that Elder Perry and Elder Holland were right across the way from us.

After that we had a cousins day out. My sister Katie and sister in law Mackenzie all went to Chuck E Cheese for the afternoon. Phoenix did much better this time. He liked the first ride he went on and all others after that he hated it. But slowly but surely he is getting braver and braver. It just takes him time to warm up to certain things.


We were also very fortunate to go to the Draper Temple open house. We got ten tickets so we could take a bunch of our friends. It is truly an amazing temple. We found it very interesting the color scheme of this temple. In the granite there are bright blue flecks, in all the pictures of Jesus Christ he has vibrant blue eyes. Also because of the lighting of the temple the chandeliers all reflect many colors including blue. We found that very cool and unique about this temple. By far the coolest part was the sealing room. At the end of the tour they invite you to come and sit in the sealing room and explain what happens in there. It was really cool to stand up and look into the mirrors holding Steve's hand and holding Phoenix in my arms and seeing our family for forever. It made me realize the blessings we are given in the temple really do come true and it was fun to see it physically.

Phoenix has also found a love for the piano. Whenever we go up to my parents house he begs his Aunt Melissa to play with him. Then after they are done he will climb up on the bench and start playing by himself. Although it is just mostly pounding it is pretty fun to watch and see.

We were fortunate to go to the Flash game with my brother Spencer and his wife Mackenzie with their son Colton. The Flash are a team that is just a step down from the NBA. There was a ton of music and a ton of fun. They were giving out a lot of prizes and Phoenix got some blow sticks to bang together. He had a ton of fun with that.

Then it was birthday time. It was really funny this year due to my parents not remembering what year I was born. My sister asked if I was turning 21. My parents thought I was turning 23 and was born in 86. Then while preparing taxes Steve kept putting my age as 26!! So it was quite hilarious to see how many people got it wrong. Just so you know I was born in 1985 and am 24. Steve decided to use the whole weekend to surprise me with gifts. On Saturday me and Steve went to a very fancy restaurant called Chef's Table. It was amazing, and I got a memory card for my new phone. Then Sunday was breakfast in bead with a new colander. (okay story behind this. I cook a lot of pasta throughout the month such as macaroni, Alfredo, spaghetti for Phoenix. Ours is so big and bulky I wanted a collapsible one so it was easier. Plus I really really wanted one.) Then on Monday we had a bunch of friends and family over for cake, and yes Steve made the cake. I also got the first season to the Big Bang Theory. If you have never seen this show it is great and one of our favorites to watch. I was also grateful for all the gifts my friends and family gave me they were exactly what I needed and wanted!! Thank You!!


Me and my sister in law decided to take the boys to McDonald's to play. They just redid the playroom and have some cool new toys. They are different instruments that actually play music. It is really cool and the boys had so much fun on them.

In our ward they have a moms group. This time we went to a place called Jump On It. Basically it has blow up activities along with a ton of trampolines. Phoenix was very nervous at first and didn't know if he liked it. By the end of it all he wasn't ready to go. He had so much fun and I did as well. It had been a long time since I had jumped on a tramp at all and forgot how much fun it is. I posted a video below so you can see him jumping. Sorry it is shaky I was being bounced from behind!


Steve,
Well what can I say other than super busy. This semester has been filled with a lot more classes. He is taking one online course, a semester online course, and three classes. Two of which are three times a week during the day. We were very fortunate that his work is so willing to work with his school schedule. So he has been at school a lot more. He is doing very well and is loving all his classes. We found out this semester that they added three more classes to his major. Due to that we decided to extend his school through Fall semester so he won't have so much on his plate. So he will walk for graduating in April. We are excited for that.

Phoenix,
A bundle of joy is the only way to describe him. He is finally getting more vocal. He is now learning how to form words and how to say what he wants. Although it is not very many words any at all is great. He is getting more and more active. His favorite activity is kicking the soccer ball throughout the house with us. Of course with his dad loving soccer they play this all the time. It has been great because it is slowly getting warmer and so we are able to go outside once again. Which is great for him to run around.

Whitney,
I am doing wonderful. It was an exciting month because two of my best friends got engaged. So we are quite excited for this spring to come to celebrate their weddings. I am also getting more and more into Photo Shop and learning how to use it. It is fun learning the different applications and learning what I can do with the photos I take. I was really excited to get our family photo printed up and in our home. My parents always had a big picture of our family on the wall and I always wanted one. So with Steve's help we were able to get one of our family put up in our home. I love it.

Well that is all for now and we will update you next month.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

It's always fun to hear what you've all been up to. I didn't forget your birthday--it just seems like I did because I was a complete slacker and didn't send a card or email or anything. I'm sorry! Glad you had a fun day!

Tawsha said...

How fun! Its GREAT to see you guys! Gosh it was so fun seeing the group temple picture too. Merrill and Shannon don't have any kiddos yet?? =) And . . . Dennis has a little one! How exciting! Hope you guys are doing well, we miss you!