Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April2009

Wow it seems like this month flew by. I don't know if it is because we had so much fun or because we did so much. Probably a little of both. Well we started out the month by taking Phoenix out to his very first BYU volleyball game. We are trying to give him opportunities to watch all kinds of sports so hopefully in the future he will play them. He is loving the experience of going to a game. He loves to scream and yell with everyone and has learned how to pump his fist in the air while yelling "RAH! RAH!".

Me and Phoenix had the opportunity to go and see my sister Melissa in a assembly. She was dancing and singing. Bakey was screaming and laughing at his Aunt Mel. We also got our hammock and swing put up in our backyard. Along with our new garden everything is looking amazing in our backyard. Phoenix as you can tell loves his swing.

My parents invited us to go to a Salt Lake Bees game with them. It was such a fun time. Once again this was the first baseball game Phoenix had been to. It was way cute they had a play area for the kids and also a train ride for the kids. So me and my mom took Phoenix on the little train. He kept saying "choo choo!! TRAIN!!". He loved it, but I don't know what he loved more the train or the churro!

Easter was here. We took Phoenix to a easter egg hunt with his cousin Colton. He was so antsy to get out there and get the eggs. It took the whole 30 seconds before it was all over. He wasn't to happy meeting the easter bunny afterwords either. It was kind of fun they had an adult easter egg hunt which Steve did. He said it was a lot of fun. Steve also loved hiding eggs for Phoenix first home easter egg hunt. Phoenix throughly enjoyed having Dad help him find the eggs.

Okay so my family went away for spring break in sunny California. While they sent us pictures of them at the beach, pool and disney land we sent them a picture of what we woke up to. YES!! We really did wake up to this in APRIL!

My dad was recently released from being a bishop. So we went to his last closing social. Phoenix loved it because they had a play place with two different slides. If you couldn't tell already he LOVES slides. He thinks it is so fun to go down them over and over again.

Okay so if you havn't heard I am a Wicked fan. I fell in love with the music when my sisters brought me back the cd a couple years ago. Then I heard it was coming to SLC so Steve so lovingly got us tickets to go. Of course we had to wait 10 months to go. So I decided to use this time to read the original book Wicked. It definitley gave me a great idea of what to expect. I was really excited to go and it met every expectations. It was so much fun and Steve loved it as well. It was his first off broadway show and he was blown away. The cast was so amazing and you can tell they clicked. No words can describe how much we both loved it.


Steve- He is working hard! He has finished up his winter semester and has already started his spring semester. He is excited to just go spring semester and not summer semester. He is ready for the summer and to be able to go swimming with Phoenix once again.

Phoenix- He is talking!! He is now getting into the talking phase which we are loving. He is trying to learn more words and learn what different things are. It is so nice because he can tell us if he wants something. He also knows what he wants. If he doesn't want down, a certain food, or to play with a toy he will tell us no. It is quite hilarious!

Whitney- I am enjoying outdoor work. I have loved our job of spring clean up. Even though it is a lot of work it is so worth it. I love to garden and weed. So it has been nice to go out when it is actually nice weather. Phoenix has been my big helper during the day and will go out into the yards and pretend to weed. I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have been allowed to have and do in my life.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

So when are we going to do our Disneyland trip?!

Tawsha said...

I miss you guys! So glad everyone is doing well. Give little Phoenix a hug for all of us. love and hugs!!

Stephen and Angeline said...

What fun! Sounds like you had a busy month! Oh, and I'm officially jealous that you were able to go and see wicked.

Kelly and Joe said...

You guys are doing a fine job at raising such a great boy!