Well September was a fun month. We did a lot of fun things.... So we started off the month by having Aunt Melissa come and stay with us for a weekend. She came up to watch the BYU vs U of U game. Steve made a whole bunch of delicious food. Although BYU lost it was still a fun time. The ending was definitely crazy. It kept us on our feet and very on edge.
We then decided to beat the rush and go and get the kids their Halloween outfits. Phoenix was so excited to get his Spiderman outfit. Reagan got a Rapunzel outfit. Trust me she has been wearing it like crazy. I just forgot to grab my camera and take a picture. But she sure does love to be a princess.
We also decided to make some home made jam. We did raspberry jam. I always hung out with my dad and made jam with him growing up. It is fun to pass this tradition down to my kids as well. Plus then we get to enjoy the fruits of our labor.
We also love doing big family feasts. It is just nice to have a super nice dinner. The kids wanted to take a picture of this dinner in particular. I don't know why... but it was fun and delicious non the less.
Reagan has been super cute with her dolls lately. She loves to make them talk and kiss each other. I often find her like this when it is nap time. All cuddled up with her dolls not wanting to let them go.
One weekend I got to go down to my parents for a BYU football game. After the game my sisters and I decided to go on a moonlight ski lift ride. You get to ride the ski lift to the very top of the mountain and enjoy the beautiful stars and moon. It was so much fun!
I decided to spend the night so I wouldn't be driving super late at night. The next day was so relaxing. I got to sleep in, hang out, go on a date with my dad, and then go on a bike ride with both my mom and dad. It was so beautiful. The leaves are starting to change and the weather was a cool 70 degree day. My mom and dad bike all the time so they definitely kicked my butt. But I did pretty good considering this was my first time on a bike in a year. We are planning on doing it in a couple weeks with the kiddos and Steve.
Also this month Steve got to take Phoenix to a BYU football game. Phoenix has been asking all season to go to a game with his Daddy. He was so excited. It was such a hot game they actually saw empty seats that were in the shade and moved up there so they wouldn't over heat. Steve is definitely an amazing dad!
Steve- He is doing really good. He finally got his 120 day evaluation done this month. They were so busy that they couldn't do it til he had been there almost 5 months later. They sure love having him there and know what great potential he has. He is loving that BYU football season is in full swing. It has been fun for both he and I to go down and go to the games.
Whitney- I have been keeping busy by doing lots of various stuff. Twice a month I go into Phoenix's school room and help the teacher and kids. I have been doing a lot of baking and cooking. I organized my house a lot more. I made myself a cook book. We have been working on teaching the kids how to play t-ball and soccer. I also have been doing genealogy work. It has been nice.
Phoenix-He is learning so much in school right now. He really is thriving in school and is starting to learn to read. Although it is a slow process he is staring to get it. He has been working this month on riding a two wheeler. Again a slow process but he is getting there. He is so good at t-ball now. He gets super excited whenever we throw the ball and he hits it.
Reagan-She is definitely a princess. As of lately she has decided that if we don't let her wear a dress that a fit needs to follow. She loves dresses, tutus, and skirts. She is also obsessed with the color pink. She also has been playing with her dolls a lot more and thinks it is fun to make up all these stories. She is talking and communicating way more. She often loves to mimic what we say.
No comments:
Post a Comment