Friday, May 10, 2013

APRIL 2013

So April was a quiet yet busy month for us.  We spent a lot of the month house hunting and doing various activities.  We had camp outs, going to the zoo, going out to dinner, enjoying cousin time and enjoying sibling time. 
The kids have wanted to have a sleep out for a while.  It is always such a treat when they get to sleep with each other.  Plus its fun to climb into the fort with them and just snuggle with my babies!
We then asked my dad if he would like to go to the zoo.  Once we got there the lines were huge.  Probably because it was one of the nicest days we had seen that entire week.  But none the less we decided to wait in the lines which went super fast and had a super fun day!!  It was also good because my sister tagged along with her kiddos.  So they got to see and play with their cousins who they had been missing. 


Steve has been working some crazy hours as of lately.  So the kids have been all over him the minute he steps in the door.  Or the minute he wakes up.  So this is usually how I find them.  All cuddled up enjoying some much needed daddy time.

This month was super exciting for Phoenix.  We had been working on reading for a while.  So one day he came home from school and was all excited.  He told me to sit down and watch him.  He went and grabbed a book and started reading.  And he hasn't wanted to stop.  He loves to read to anybody who will listen to him.  I couldn't be prouder  of him.
Reagan has been my little sneaky one.  I am constantly shooing her out of my kitchen.  She knows how to open the fridge and get whatever she wants.  Climb on the counter and get into the fruit, and cupboards.  So most days this is what I see..... her coming to me with what she found to eat in the kitchen.
Like I said he loves to read to any one who will listen.  And she gets really excited to have him read to her.  It has become a nightly routine for these two.
She thinks its so fun to have a baby cousin around.  I'm hoping it will help prepare her for when baby sister comes. 
My kids have always been a little apprehensive around dogs.  They love them and hate them all at the same time.  My dad has really been working with them to love his dog Libby.  She has always been a sweet dog and has been an angel to the kids.  Even as babies she is very gentle and loving.  Phoenix is now not  terrified.  But Reagan has taken the most liking to this dog.  She laughs all the time, can't wait to see her puppy, as she puts it.  She chases her around and laughs so hard when her hand gets licked by her Libby.  It is so fun and cute to see how much she loves her doggy.
When I am getting ready in the morning I usually have Phoenix on my bed jumping waiting for me to be ready for him to read to me.  And Reagan is doing this.  Putting makeup on too.... don't worry I don't let her open up the makeup containers.  But she has fun pretending to be as pretty as me. 

She also loves to get her hair done, but better yet she loves to take it out and have crazy hair.  Phoenix keeps asking when he can grow out his hair to do cool crazy hair just like this!!
Steve has been working so hard at work and they have totally recognized it.  They pulled him in and stated how awesome he has been, how they love everything he has been doing, and then gave him a very unexpected bonus.  So we decided to celebrate.  We went out to dinner and then to go get a few toys.  One of which is a new bike/jogging stroller.  We can hook it up to our bike or we can attach  a wheel and go jogging.  We have been looking at getting one for a while and we could not be the discounted price they had on it.

Steve- He is doing really good.  He is staying super busy at work.  They love all the changes he has been making.  They have wanted these changes for quite sometime but didn't have the people in there who would execute it.  Now that Steve is in there he is actually executing all these for his work.  He has been working so hard and some late nights.  So he is more than ready to get home to his kiddos and play with them.  So if he isn't working hard at work, he is off playing and doing fun things with the kiddos.
Whitney- I have been starting to get the few things I need for baby.  And yes we do have a name for her..... look for that down below.  I have been making a couple blankets, burb clothes (apparently Reagan's got really gross and ended up in the trash).  I also had a friend make my diaper bag and few other cute items for me.  I have loved our new jogging stroller.  I decided I want to be in good shape before baby so it will be easier after baby.  So when Phoenix goes to school I go walking with Reagan.  I started going with a friend and we walk about 2 miles 4 times a week.  I think that is pretty dang good for being 6 months pregnant.
Phoenix- HE IS A READER!!!  I am seriously so proud of him.  He has been sort of doing it with help.  Now he barely needs help (on easy books (aka Dr. Seuss) ).  He loves to get a book, take it and go and read.  I hope that he gains such a love for reading books.  He is rounding into the last little bit of school and already can't wait for first grade to come.  He keeps asking when he starts that.
Reagan- She is quite the little princess and diva lately. She loves to go around singing songs, putting on make up, dressing up and sneaking into things she shouldn't.   She loves to sit with her brother and have him read to her.  It is such a highlight.  She also has gotten quite independent in what she is wearing.  She loves to take us to her closet and tell us what shirt and pants she wants to wear that day. 
Baby #3- Okay all I have had this question quite a bit.  What is babies name... well here you go....
KAYLIN MARIE BAKER.  We have known this for quite a while.  When we found out that Phoenix was a boy we both had this gut feeling you could not shake.  That feeling was that our next two would be girls.  Boy I guess our gut was right.  We had wanted to combine names of both our moms, my grandma who I am close to.  Then it happened to include my Aunt and one of Kaylin's Aunts middle name.  So my mom is Kathy (hence Kay), Steve's mom is Linda (hence Lin), but also my grandma's name is Linda too.  The Marie is my grandma's middle name, my Aunt Dawn's middle name and my sister Alecia's middle name.  She will have such a great support just through her name sake alone.  We are pretty excited about it.  I am now at 24 weeks and feeling great.  Kaylin is rolling like crazy and loves to kick.   

1 comment:

The Tengelsens said...

Love the update. Sounds like life is good!