May was a fun and very busy month for us. We did so many fun things!! We decided we wanted to get a zoo pass. We love going all the time. The kids think it is so fun to see all the animals.
My kids have been super lovey to each other lately. I have been loving this!! I sure hope it keeps up. I can find them constantly playing different toys together. One minute it is princess in the doll house, the next its avengers jumping off the bed. It is so nice that they get along so well.
We love taking our kids to different parks. It is fun to see what is at all the different parks and it gets them moving like crazy. They love to try different things to do. We found this one park that has this electronic game that makes you run around and jump to hit the different buttons. You get different points according to what type of game you play and what buttons you push. They also had an awesome dinosaur themed area with lots of slides. We will definitely hitting this park up again!!
So I was pretty excited. One of my little sisters got her associate degree from Utah Valley University and got accepted into the U of U. So when my mom wanted to do a celebration I totally wanted to get her a super awesome cake. She was super excited and had no clue. So proud of you LUCY!!
We also had mothers day!! I was definitely in need of a new Sunday dress. I wanted to get a dress I could wear throughout the pregnancy and hopefully after as well. Which is why I love maxi dresses. They are so versatile. YAY!! So I went out shopping and got a whole new outfit. Not to mention some new maternity capris. All mine from when I was pregnant the two other times had gotten holes in them and needed replacing. I was definitely super spoiled!!
We headed down to my parents on mother's day. My sister blessed her baby girl and we had some good family time. My parents got a tandem bike to see if it would help Phoenix (and the other grand-babies) learn how to ride a two wheeler. Phoenix struggles with the whole balance issue. But on this Steve balances it for him. So it works great. My sister Melissa tried it.... she was not as successful as Phoenix!
| Phoenix is now reading and couldn't wait to show Papa how he can read! |
On May 17th Phoenix graduated from kindergarten!!! WWWWAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!! I seriously couldn't be prouder. When he started he was super far behind. Between his teacher, the teacher aid, me and Steve we got him all caught up and actually ahead. So this was a BIG deal for us. Because it took a lot of effort on everyone's part. Including Phoenix. He was very patient in learning and once he started to get it he was off like a rocket. He was pretty stoked that a lot of his family came up to celebrate with us.
After graduation we headed out to the zoo. Like I said before we love the zoo.
We also went out to lunch with Aunt Alecia and Aunt Melissa. Then we decided to let them go shopping while we hung out at the fountains. It was a win win for everyone.
We then picked up daddy from work and went home to open up some graduation presents. Phoenix has been begging to start getting some legos. So we thought this would be the perfect time. So we got him a Lego avenger set and a Lego spiderman set too. He was in heaven, the look on his face when he saw it was priceless. Plus Steve was super stoked to be building with Legos again. He loves them too!
Soon after graduation Phoenix lost his top tooth. He was pretty happy to have it out since it was super loose for a while. Now his second top tooth is about to come out any day!
For memorial day we had a lot we did. We decided we would get a lot of projects done around the house. But we would have lots of fun too! So we planted our pot of flowers. Phoenix and Reagan loved choosing the colors. Which turned out to be Red, White and Blue, very fitting I thought. We also got Steve a new bike and sold our old one. We needed to upgrade desperately. We also started painting Phoenix's furniture in his room almost a year ago and just needed to finish the little edges. So we did that as well as paint some other pieces so they look like a matching set. It looks awesome. I'll have to do a picture next time.
We also decided to take the kids out to the children's museum at the gateway mall. We were there for hours!! The kids had so much fun and it was not crowded at all. The kids could just run and play and pretend and have so much fun. We then went out for delicious pizza and rocky mountain chocolate for dessert. It was a great way to end such a fun weekend.
So we also hit a big moment. The third trimester!! WAHOO!!! I am pretty excited to wind down this pregnancy. I have a lot of sickness and hardship this pregnancy so I am ready to get this baby here. Just a few more months!! Which meant getting some baby items. We got a new crib. Now you are probably thinking wait you have two kids.... don't you have a crib. UM yeah we did...Well you see my daughter is a BEAVER. She literally ate through three whole slats on our last one. SO we decided we had to get rid of that one. It was way to dangerous. So that is why we had to get a new crib. Other than that we just have a few more things on our list. A blessing dress, a bathtub (again two kids definitely ruined that), some new clothes (just a few new ones just for her). All in all not a bad list.
Remember how I said we love to go outside and play in the pool and sprinklers. Yup.... here is the proof of the pool. Its gonna be a fun summer in this baby.
Whitney- I am finally starting to do pretty good. I had a couple set backs this month. Between all the fun we had I got major cold #4 of this pregnancy. When I say major, just think can't breath (plus a baby who loves to sit on my ribs), can't sleep, no voice (literally whispered for three days), and it lasted a total of 15 days. It was majorly bad for at least 8 f those 15 days. So not very fun. Plus now I get acid really bad and charlie horses (at 2-4 am). So now I eat very little dairy if I can help it (sorry I need ice cream, its summer and I am pregnant) and drink a Gatorade a day and it helps A LOT!! Other than that I have just been playing with the kids and starting to get the baby stuff all ready.
Phoenix- The big graduate!! He is loving summer and playing. He loves that he gets to stay up later and play a little longer. On the other hand is already asking when he gets to go back to school. He loves to learn and is already eager to start the first grade. It is crazy that he is going to be in school full time. He has also been such a big help. He loves to help me get chores done around the house and is constantly asking how he can help me. I love it!!
Reagan- Oh my little spit fire. She has developed the diva attitude and a good old grunt. When ever she doesn't like something I say or ask her to do she will give you a big old grunt, stomp her foot and say "FINE!!!!" Oh boy am I in trouble. When she does that she winds up in time out and it she won't do it for a while. But she has gotten good at that. She is also starting to be quite the little entertainer. She loves to tell you stories, which are all about princesses, sing you songs and dance for you. She is also getting excited for Kalin to be here. She keeps asking when she can come out and play.
No comments:
Post a Comment