Well June went and came.... and I am just now getting to blogging about it. That is how busy we were and how much fun we had. I think there wasn't a day that we didn't go and do something. Whether it was swimming in our pool, running through sprinklers, going to the park, or going on an outing. We stayed busy!! Which was so nice! So lets start with the beginning of June.
My sister had called me up telling me about this princess festival. And since Reagan was now the perfect age and obsessed with princess's we decided to go. She was so excited. She couldn't wait to wear her princess dress, with her princess shoes (thanks papa!!) and do her princess hair. So that morning we got up, early because we had to be there at 9 am. and got ready. She looked so cute!! She kept saying she looked like Cinderella. Oh how I love that she is a princess at heart. I am glad we went so early in the morning because it got very hot that day. But Reagan had a ball!! She loved having the princess's sign her book and get lots of pictures with them.
| Aunt Lucy came with us. She loves her Aunt!! |
One day I met up with my sister Katie and her kids and we took the kids to the zoo. I love the zoo. I love that my kids never get sick of going to the zoo. They are just fascinated by all the animals. We had a great time. Reagan was so tuckered out at one point she just passed out in her stroller, which at this age and place is very unusual for her.
Next on our list was Father's day. Every year he has been able to figure out what he was going to get for Father's day. But not this year!! It made me excited that the secret had been kept. He got this awesome grill set that looks like golf clubs and it has golf grips. He also got a movie he had wanted. Also we had both wanted this but Steve got it for Father's day, but as we have moved our cutlery has dissipated. So we got a new set of silverware. It is nice not needing to run the dishwasher because we ran out of it.
We love having out pool. It is pretty big, big enough that Steve can lay down in it and we can all still be sitting in it. We would set it up for days at a time. It is so nice letting the kids go and swim as much as they want.
Our other favorite thing to do during summer is to enjoy a nice cold root beer float. The kids love it and so do we! It is a nice way to cool down in the heat!
I was also excited because this month I was able to go shopping with my mom and get baby's blessing dress. I knew I had wanted something a little more unique and different. I love this dress. Can't wait to dress the new little one in it and bless her. I also got her bedding done for her. I love making all my kid's crib blankets. So it was nice to get this all completed.
The next event on our list was going the the Pleasant Grove Rodeo. Phoenix got to do Mutton Bustin' this year. If you don't know what Mutton Bustin' is, it is where the kids get to ride on a sheep. Phoenix was determined that he would not let go of his sheep. And he didn't, so the sheep eventually rolled on top of him. It was fun we got to have a lot of family around us. Even Steve's sister came out to watch with us!! We had a big cheering section for Phoenix it was so much fun!!
Me and Steve had been wanting to take the kids out to a movie for quite a while now. So we found a weekend where we finally didn't have something planned. So we took the kids to go and see Monster's University. We LOVED this movie. They tied it in perfectly to the first movie. It was hilarious, heartwarming and fun! I would definitely recommend you go see this!
He is staying busy at work. He is making a lot of changes at his work and they are excited for it. It is so nice that they appreciate all the hard work he does. He has also enjoyed some time off to go and do fun things with me and the kids.
Whitney-
I am just getting bigger and bigger and waiting for baby to come. This month was a big of a struggle for me as I got sick yet once again. This time I got hit by another cold that turned into sinusitis. So I had to go on a few medications to get it under control. I am just hoping for no more complications and the rest of the summer to go by as quickly as this month did.
Phoenix-
He is such a fire cracker. He can just make me laugh!! He is also such a good big brother. He has been loving Lego's recently and loves to sit down with Reagan at the table and teach her how to build with them. He also does role playing with it too! He is such a reader and loves to read to everyone! I love that he is developing a love for books.
Reagan-
Well Princess is doing great!! She is starting to have some jealousy issues. As we have been getting the baby girl clothes out and all the things ready for baby she wonders where all her new stuff is. She wants new dresses like baby sister. She wants a new tub like baby sister. It is funny! She has also developed quite a love for Monsters Inc. She loves the character Sully (aka Kitty). She often goes around asking for Kitty. It is adorable!
Baby-
Well baby is doing great. We had been debating on how to spell her name. I liked Kaylin and Steve had liked Kalin. After much discussion (not really :) ) We decided to spell it Kaylin. YEAH!!! So now we have the official spelling of her name. She is measuring 1 1/2 weeks big at this point so it will be interesting to see when she gets here! We can't wait to meet her!
Oh and here is the video from Phoenix doing his Mutton Bustin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment